Slow Food Solano Goals
The Solano Slow Food Convivium is a local chapter of the non-profit Slow Food USA (www.slowfoodsolano.org and www.slowfoodusa.org). A better, cleaner, and fairer world begins with what we put on our plates – and our daily choices determine the future of the environment, economy, and society. Our mission is to help create and sustain a food system that is:
- Good: Our food should be tasty, seasonal, local, fresh, and wholesome.
- Clean: Our food should nourish a healthy lifestyle and be produced in ways that preserve biodiversity, sustain the environment, and ensure animal welfare – without harming human health.
- Fair: Our food should be affordable by all, while respecting the dignity of labor from field to fork.
- For all: Good, clean, and fair food should be accessible to all and celebrate the diverse cultures, traditions, and nations that reside in the USA.
~ Solano Slow Food Happenings ~
- May 4 – School Garden Sponsors’ Brunch at Girl on the Hill Vineyard and Lavender fields
- May 14 – Mixer, wine-tasting, light supper for members and those interested in Slow Food programs at Vacaville home
- August 24 - Tomato Day at Morningsun Herb Farm with Heirloom tomato tasting, chef demos, and more
- October 15 - Mixer, wine-tasting, light supper for members and those interested in Slow Food programs at Suisun Valley home
- More events to be announced soon!
See our Events page for additional information.
Slow Food News
Become a Slow Food Solano Sponsor for our School Garden Grant Program! Click the thumbnail image below to view the poster with complete details.
2014 Slow Food Solano Sponsors