Slow Food Solano Goals
The Solano Slow Food Convivium is a local chapter of the non-profit Slow Food USA (www.slowfoodsolano.org and www.slowfoodusa.org). A better, cleaner, and fairer world begins with what we put on our plates – and our daily choices determine the future of the environment, economy, and society. Our mission is to help create and sustain a food system that is:
- Good: Our food should be tasty, seasonal, local, fresh, and wholesome.
- Clean: Our food should nourish a healthy lifestyle and be produced in ways that preserve biodiversity, sustain the environment, and ensure animal welfare – without harming human health.
- Fair: Our food should be affordable by all, while respecting the dignity of labor from field to fork.
- For all: Good, clean, and fair food should be accessible to all and celebrate the diverse cultures, traditions, and nations that reside in the USA.
~ Solano Slow Food Happenings ~
- Sunday, March 1st, 9am to 4pm
FARMSCHOOL: Grazing on Grasslands, presented by Soul Food Farm
See our Events page for additional information.
Slow Food News
Become a Slow Food Solano Sponsor for our School Garden Grant Program! Click the thumbnail image below to view the poster with complete details.
2014 Slow Food Solano Sponsors