Slow Food Solano has a variety of programs and activities that raise funds for school gardens. They typically include: Tomato Day at Morningsun Herb Farm, author events, films, and programs that feature locally grown products. 100% of the profits generated by these events goes to supporting the school garden grant program. We invite teachers to attend and participate,as they are great advocates within the school system and ambassadors to the larger community. We plan to send information about these events to grant awardees so they can participate if they choose.
Be a Slow Food Solano Sponsor for our
School Garden Grant Program!
Our Garden Grant program helps Solano County Schools start and maintain a school garden. This program benefits hundreds of children every year. Children plant, tend, harvest, and eat a variety of vegetables, learning all the while. Teachers use the money for gardening supplies. In 2016, we made grants to over 25 schools.
For donations of $500 or more, receive the following benefits:
- Free admission for two to all Slow Food Solano sponsored events (except for Wednesday dinners at Backdoor Bistro)
- Donor name or business displayed on Slow Food Solano website
- Invitation for two to our May Brunch at Girl on the Hill Vineyard atop Mt.Vaca
Donate today – Don’t miss out on these upcoming events!
- Member and Sponsor Mixers (May and October)
- Tomato Day at Morningsun Herb Farm in Pleasants Valley (August)
- Cookbook author book signing event (locaton and date to be announced)